Stem Cell Therapy Safety and Risks
At ProgenCell, 100% of the participants have had no negative effects as a result from any of the procedures performed in this protocol.
This is due to the following reasons:
- Appropriate facilities for this procedure.
- Treatments take place in a clean room with all characteristics of a sterile operating room.
- Entrance to this area requires clean transfers allowing the procedure to be free of external contamination.
- ProgenCell® always extracts the stem cells for the procedure directly from the same person (autologous).
- This practice avoids complications of Graft-Versus-Host-Disease and many other indirect effects.
- ProgenCell® does not manipulate the cells.
- Other companies have had problems growing tumors and infections because of manipulation of the stem cells—this occurs when culturing stem cells components and manipulating them in order to get purified stem cells.
- From moment of collection, until they are infused, ProgenCell’s stem cells always remain in a closed system, even during activation.
- There is NO manipulation, culture, or substantial time between the harvesting and transfusion.
- At ProgenCell®, embryonic stem cells are not used, avoiding the ethical issues that they entail.
- The future clinical use of embryonic stem cells is still uncertain since they have an amplified effect, uncontrolled differentiation and accelerated growth, that could generate tumors.
- These characteristics give stem cells of bone marrow a much more promising future for regenerative medicine.
- Participants at ProgenCell® can rest assured that because embryonic stem cells are not used, there is no risk of generating tumors.
- In our experience, the worst case scenario is when our protocol does not have any effect on the participant.
- It might not regenerate tissue for some people but we assure that it will NOT have any harmful effect.
- The protocol is safe for your health.
- Nonetheless, the fact that it is not harmful is not enough for ProgenCell®; our main goal is improving your medical condition as well as your quality of life.